Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thai Chicken and Noodle One-Pot

1 T. sesame oil
1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 inch ginger root, peeled and grated
1 bunch scallions, sliced diagonally
1 lb. boneless breast of chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 T. green curry paste (reduce to 1 if you don't like it hot)
2 cups coconut milk
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
8 oz. chinese noodles or fine spaghetti
2 tsp lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in large heavy skillet or wok. Add onion, garlic, ginger and scallions; stirfry for 2 minutes until soft.

Add chicken pieces and curry paste; stirfry unti chicken is golden brown.

Stir in coconut milk, chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste; stir until blended. Bring to a boil.

Break up noodles if necessary. Add to pan, cover and simmer 6-8 minutes until noodles are just tender, stirring occasionally.

Add lime juice. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve in deep bowls.

3 comments:

Sasha said...

This is a lovely recipe. Originally it comes from a Thai cook book that I once had, but sorry Sharon, I can't remember the name. I lost the book and with that, I lost this recipe. So I am very glad to find it here on your page! Quick, easy and very tasty!

Sharon said...

Sasha- I wish I still had the book, too. I think I gave it away in my Christmas Eve Cookbook Giveaway of '12. I'm glad I saved this recipe or I'd have lost it forever!

wixmac said...

Just shared this recipe with a friend. It's from a Paragon cook book. One of the cheapest and best cook books ever.