1 cup finely chopped onion
2 tbsps butter
4 1/2 cups carrots (peeled thinly sliced)
1 potato (peeled and cubed)
29 ozs chicken broth
1 tsp powdered ginger
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp dried rosemary (crushed)
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
1) In a large stockpot, melt butter and saute onion until soft and tender, about 5 minutes or so.
2) Add carrots, potatoes, chicken broth, and ginger.
3) Cover and cook on medium heat 30 minutes or until veggies are very tender.
4) Remove from heat and let cool 15 minutes.
5) Using a stick blender, puree the soup right in the pot (or pour some into a blender and puree- you'll have to do this in batches though).
6) Return to heat and add milk, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
7) Cook over low heat until heated through, maybe 5 minutes or so.